Is teaching consistent enough at your school? Use PLCs and CFAs to improve instruction.
With research showing that the pandemic is hurting students’ performance, schools that excel take advantage of the strongest teaching practices across classrooms. Through the use of Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) and Common Formative Assessments (CFAs), you can leverage cohorts of teachers responsible for similar grade-level or subject-matter classes. Working together, teams can collaboratively hone their practices, measure results, and prioritize instructional methods that garner the highest levels of achievement.
To help you apply these useful tools, we are offering a series of two webinars led by ASCD Vice President and instructional expert Neil Gupta:
Webinar 1: How To Build Effective Professional Learning Communities
Friday, April 23
1:00 PM Eastern; 12:00 PM Central; 11:00 AM Mountain; 10:00 AM Pacific
- Benefits of professional learning communities
- Strategies and tips to get educators interested and involved
- Structuring PLCs for success
- Effective timelines and formats
- Sustaining PLCs
Webinar 2: Creating And Implementing Common Formative Assessments
Friday, April 23
3:00 PM Eastern; 2:00 PM Central; 1:00 PM Mountain; 12:00 PM Pacific
- Benefits of common formative assessments
- Role of common formative assessments in PLCs
- Using CFAs to create alignment across classrooms
- Steps to implement CFAs
- Keeping common formative assessments sustainable
EducationAdminWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].