The ADA can be complicated and legalistic for any college, but it becomes even more so in light of your obligations to ensure ADA compliance when your students with disabilities work at internships or practicums. What are your school’s obligations to work with the leaders of those internships or practicums to ensure that your students are provided with the reasonable accommodations that they require? Can you just ignore your legal obligations and rely on the employer to understand how to provide reasonable accommodation to your students? This webinar will help you better understand how to navigate your obligations to provide reasonable accommodations outside of the classroom during an internship or practicum. It will also provide you with the best strategies for ensuring that the student is successful in that internship/practicum by being provided with the accommodations that they require.
Please join legal expert, Melissa Fleischer, Esq. as she provides an in-depth, step-by-step analysis of how to ensure compliance with the ADA when students are off campus at internship or practicum opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- The ADA’s application to your students on and off campus
- Your compliance obligations to provide reasonable accommodations for your students both on and off campus when they work at an internship or practicum
- Best strategies for getting employers to best understand the student’s need for accommodations to ensure success for your students
- The “interactive process” that is required to provide your students with reasonable accommodations at their internships/practicums
- Best practices for colleges to help employers be proactive in providing accommodations to student interns
- Strategies to comply with your legal ADA obligations and avoid potential liability
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “ADA Compliance Obligations to Students at Internships and Practicums” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law and president of HR Learning Center LLC. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with over 20 years’ experience representing clients in employment discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a variety of workplace and human resources issues. She is also a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at service@EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
EducationAdminWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.