Best Practices for Bulletproof Promotion and Tenure
Headline after headline from the media reports favorable outcomes for faculty members who, having failed to achieve tenure, filed successful lawsuits instead of going quietly into the night. Their successful claims range from gender and race discrimination to breach of contract.
In this third decade of the new century, when two-thirds of all college & university faculty are contingent, higher ed administrators cannot be too cautious in managing the careers of their junior faculty -- from recruitment through to that crucial up-or-out determination. No longer, as in days of yore, can disappointed P&T applicants presume that a second chance awaits them at a new institution after their terminal year. That’s why a growing number, faced with a career-crushing negative decision, are prepared to mount a legal challenge. What are chairs, deans and provosts to do?
Please join Dr. Jim Castagnera, Esq., a veteran of hundreds of promotion & tenure decisions, as he explains why and how universities must prepare a bulletproof promotion and tenure process in 2020.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of the many practical tips you’ll take away:
- How to recruit new faculty with the qualifications needed to succeed
- How to mentor junior faculty for continued success
- Effective reappointment and promotion procedures that identify, document and communicate shortcomings to junior faculty early on in their careers
- P&T procedures and practices that engender a fair and transparent process
- The warning signs of biased or discriminatory evaluation of a candidate
- Internal appellate procedures that discourage taking the denial into a public forum
- Techniques and tactics for saying “no” calculated to preserve the candidate’s dignity and facilitate a smooth transition
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at service@EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com.