COVID-19, School Closure, and Students with Disabilities in the K-12 Schools
School closures have had an even more significant impact on students with disabilities. In several states, parents have filed lawsuits on behalf of students who allegedly were not provided appropriate services while campuses were closed.
You need to address the individualized needs of students with disabilities as they transition back to in-person instruction or continue with distance learning. It is critical to understand the most recent Department of Education guidance regarding programming for students with disabilities in addition to health and safety protocols.
- Why is it necessary to consider providing additional services?
- What laws apply?
- How must you tailor virtual services for students with disabilities?
- What education records should you retain during this time?
- How can you develop action plans to address student issues?
- How should you involve parents and guardians?
EducationAdminWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].