COVID-19 And The Student Campus Compact: A Social Contract for the New Normal
As COVID-19 rages on into the 2020-2021 academic year, students must buy into the new normal, including:
- social distancing,
- enhanced sanitation, and
- a dramatic reduction in athletic, artistic, and social events.
You can create a Student Campus Compact to drive home the seriousness of the mandate. Students who want to come to campus must agree to the rules and regulations developed to keep the community healthy and safe. Some colleges and universities are additionally requiring students to sign waivers and releases.
- What is a Student Campus Compact? What are its essential parts?
- Is a Student Campus Compact an enforceable contract?
- How should you revise the student code of conduct?
- What legal liability does an institution assume by allowing students to return?
- Will courts likely enforce waivers and releases signed by students?
- What are the best practices for keeping the campus safe?
- What steps must you take if a returning student tests positive?
- What responsibility do you have for students who live off-campus?
- What are the legal implications of closing and sending students home?
EducationAdminWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].