COVID-19 and Vendor Contracts in K-12 Schools
As the coronavirus pandemic forces schools to cancel events, shift to distance learning, or shut down completely, some external services are no longer necessary. For example, you may have contracts with vendors to provide:
- Field trips
- Bus transportation
- Food preparation
- Other services
Schools may cancel some contracts easily while others have more restrictive termination provisions. You need to handle each vendor appropriately to set expectations and maximize cost savings. It is critical to understand fundamental contract law, the details of each agreement, and what provisions apply in this situation.
- What basic principles of contract law apply to school district contracts?
- How do limitation of liability provisions apply to COVID-19?
- What termination provisions should you look for and employ now?
- Is there a way around requirements for advance notice of termination?
- What COVID-19 issues may affect performance under a contract?
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].