Co-Curricular Learning And Assessment: Benefits And Guidance
According to the Glossary of Criteria Terminology of HLC’s Criteria for Accreditation: Adopted Revisions Effective September 2020, co-curricular learning is, "Learning activities, programs, and experiences that reinforce the institution's mission and values and complement the formal curriculum. Examples: Study abroad, student-faculty research experiences, service learning, professional clubs or organizations, athletics, honor societies, career services, etc.". Often Co-curricular learning and experiences are viewed as unstructured activities that are not essential to student academic experience. This makes it extremely important for education administrators to measure the impact of co-curricular learning and experience through assessment. Through intentionally designed practices co-curricular learning and experiences can easily be assessed and value can be measured.
Please join us for a discussion about current co-curricular learning and experience assessments.
Just a sample of what this webinar will cover:
- Explanation of the importance of assessment
- A brief overview co-curricular definition
- Strategies for assessing student co-curricular learning and experience
- Overview of example co-curricular assessment plans
- A review of steps to creating outcomes that guide student co-curricular learning and experiences
- An examination of learning and programmatic outcomes as well as construct examples
- Overview of strategies to build assessment capacity
- AND MUCH MORE!
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].