Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): James Ottavio Castagnera, Ph.D. and attorney at law
Price: $299.00 On-Demand includes full audio presentation, question and answer session and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? College and university administrators, attorneys representing colleges and universities, compliance personnel, student services, finance, IT, department heads
Best For: Higher Education
From the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, through the Great Recession of 2008, to the right-wing riots in the normally quiet college town of Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017, one lesson has been driven home to higher education administrators: The new century is a dangerous time, ripe with risks, and those risks span a spectrum from campus violence to financial crises.
While some colleges and universities still deal with risk on an ad hoc, informal, case-by-case basis, savvy campus leaders are turning to the formal, continuous process known as Enterprise Risk Management. ERM is designed to identify, assess, prioritize and manage all institutional risks in a holistic manner involving faculty and staff buy-in across the length and breadth of the campus community.
Please join Jim Castagnera as he delineates a proven ten-step process for establishing an effective ERM program.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- How to define for your stake holders what your university will gain from ERM
- What are the practical standards and frameworks for an effective, efficient ERM program
- How to inventory what your university is already doing by way of risk management
- How to marshal support for your ERM program from across your institution
- How to keep it simple, while being inclusive and comprehensive
- How to start small and build on a solid foundation
- How to identify and achieve quick wins
- How to identify risk owners and delegate fixes
- Effective ways to report progress to university leaders, including thought leaders
- What are the soft-skills you should bring to bear on the ERM initiative
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Creating an Enterprise Risk Management Program for Your Campus” is Dr. Jim Castagnera, Esq. Dr. Castagnera holds a JD and a PhD from Case Western Reserve University. He was a labor/employment and IP lawyer with a major Philadelphia law firm for a decade before becoming legal counsel at a New Jersey university. For the past 22 years in that capacity, his duties have included drafting, reviewing and enforcing labor and employment contracts; internship, affiliation and student-exchange agreements; government grants and contracts, and international memorandums of understanding. He also is an adjunct professor of law in the Drexel University School of Law, and the principal consultant/co-owner of Holland Media Services, LLC. He has published 21 books, most recently Riding the Fifth Wave in Higher Education: A Survival Guide for the New Normal (NY: Peter Lang 2017).
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at service@EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
EducationAdminWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.