How do you handle student deaths? As COVID-19 takes its toll, schools are facing more tragedies.
As COVID-19 continues to surge, reports of student deaths on school campuses are increasing. These contribute to escalating tragedies as students also become victims of accidents, suicides, and substance abuse.
Despite your best efforts, a student death on your campus is an ever-present possibility. You need to understand what steps to take to comfort students and communicate effectively. You must have protocols in place to protect your institution from a public relations or legal nightmare.
- What are the three critical phases in dealing with a student death?
- What steps should you take during the first 72 hours after a death is discovered?
- How should you communicate with interested and involved parties?
- When may the institution and individual employees be sued?
- What investigations and disciplinary actions may be necessary?
- How can you rebuild your institution’s reputation?
- What corrective actions should you take to restore a sense of campus safety?
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].