Engage Your Online Students by Engaging Your Online Faculty
Engagement and retention of online students is impacted by many factors, and key among those factors is the presence of engaged online faculty. Good classroom teachers don’t automatically turn into good online teachers; a different skill set and approach is required. Some institutions even ensure they have engaged and appropriately skilled online faculty by providing a two-week asynchronous online orientation prior to the start of their online courses.
A robust online orientation mirrors actual online courses in look and feel, and the faculty learners are immersed into this mirrored environment. Through this immersion, faculty develop empathy for their online students and are invited to engage in metacognition to develop their own online teaching skills.
Please join Ellie Hoffman for guidance on how to set your online students up for success by better training and engaging your online faculty.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Immersive activities that create an authentic online learning experience from a student’s perspective
- Practical assignments that assist new faculty in preparation of their own online courses
- Theory and best practices of online teaching, including creation of social and academic presence
- How to provide feedback and grading in a simulated class environment
- How to establish a community of learning among new and experienced online faculty
- Getting started on creation of an online faculty orientation
- AND MUCH MORE!
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].