Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): David Sayers, director of financial services, IOD, Inc.
Price: $299.00 On-Demand includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? College and university administrators, finance, provosts, business administrators
Best For: Higher Education
In today’s dynamic higher education environment, institutions are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of sound planning as a key to long-term sustainability. What does your institution need to know in order to successfully engage in any type of planning? Does your school develop separate plans for various purposes or have you taken a holistic approach that unifies all planning into a single, institution-wide initiative that engages all leadership, faculty, staff, board and volunteers? Are you getting ready to tackle a new strategic, master or fundraising plan or update an existing plan but are concerned about investing limited time and resources only to produce questionable results?
Please join David Sayers to create a formalized, creative and continuous planning process that involves a systematic and objective response to the challenges you’re facing. It is critical to understand the “dos and don’ts” in order to avoid producing a plan that sits on a shelf gathering dust.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Learn how the “non-instructional/non-programmatic” areas in your school such as finance and advancement can help build organizational support for diverse programming initiatives.
- Determine the Board’s internal and external roles in planning and how to integrate functions such as master, strategic and fundraising planning.
- Identify how to apply cost/benefit accounting and marketing appeal for all master planning of facilities, capital projects, and equipment needs.
- Understand how to bring together the strategic and master planning process to build a clear, compelling case for support for donor appeal in fundraising planning.
- Explore the dos and don’ts of a SWOT analysis and how the research, environmental scan aspect of planning can support data-driven decision-making in strategic, master and fundraising planning.
- Identify the key elements of an integrated plan and the role of vision, mission and values to ensure alignment of goals and objectives across all planning.
- Recognize why planning fails and the essential steps to avoid the pitfalls.
- Explore techniques for putting a plan into action and assuring follow through and implementation.
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Integrated Institutional Planning: Unifying Strategic, Master & Capital Plans is David Sayers. David is IOD’s director of financial services and has 20+ years’ experience beginning as a banker, then ultimately as a college CFO. Over his career he developed a proven track-record in accounting, education, real estate investing, and small business ownership. David now serves organizations by providing innovative and sustainable financial, managerial and accounting solutions to a full range of nonprofits and ministries.
He specializes in projects where he can blend the latest business best practices with mission-driven nonprofit motives. David teaches an array of business and financial courses for colleges and universities and the Georgia Center for Nonprofits in Atlanta.
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at service@EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
EducationAdminWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.