LGBTQ Discrimination and Other Tricky Issues for Schools: New Developments
One area that is less sure than ever is an employer’s obligations with regard to LGBTQ discrimination. There are so many issues that an employer has to be aware of including the “bathroom” issue. Do you have to allow a student to use the bathroom of their current gender identity, or is it alright to require them to use the bathroom of the gender assigned at birth? Also, what does the law require? Although federal law and Title VII do not specifically prohibit discrimination or harassment based upon sexual orientation or gender identity, many state laws do include these. In addition, the U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear three important cases that will settle this issue as to whether Title VII prohibits discrimination based upon gender identity and sexual orientation.
Please join Melissa Fleischer for a detailed review of recent case law on these issues, and stay up-to-date on new cases so that you best understand your legal requirements to avoid discrimination and prevent harassment to your LGBTQ students and staff/teachers.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- In-depth overview of the cases that the U.S. Supreme Court has decided to hear and how they may impact your obligations under discrimination laws
- Understanding whether sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination is prohibited under federal or state and local laws
- Discussion of your legal requirements to protect your LGBTQ employees and students
- Legal pitfalls with LGBTQ students and employees to be aware of
- Bathrooms? Which one?
- Update on legal cases to be aware of such as Masterpiece Cakeshop Supreme Court Ruling
- Laws on the horizon that are not favorable to LGBTQ employees
- AND MUCH MORE!
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at service@EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com.