Police in Our Schools: An Idea Whose Time Has Passed?
The Black Lives Matter movement has prompted many students, parents, and educators to demand that school districts sever their ties with local police departments. As you balance community sentiment with student safety, you need to understand if a police presence on campuses makes schools safer or escalates disciplinary incidents and leads to more problems.
If your school or district is considering eliminating law enforcement presence, you must review the terms of existing contracts, legal implications, and effective alternatives. If you plan to keep police in schools, you can contemplate changing officers’ roles and the policies they must follow to meet community expectations.
- What is the philosophy of police presence in public schools?
- What is the record of police effectiveness and action in schools?
- What are the nation’s largest school districts doing now? Why?
- Who can replace the police if they are removed from schools?
- What roles do unions and collective bargaining play in the decision?
EducationAdminWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].