Perhaps the biggest problem currently facing colleges is how to better deal with rapes that occur at frat parties, in dorms and all over campus. Unfortunately, colleges are failing miserably at knowing how to prevent such rapes from occurring and failing at properly responding when it does happen. Mistakes that college administrators make with regard to this can lead to significant liability on campus for colleges.
Please join Melissa Fleischer as she helps college administrators to better understand the potential legal liability that can come from failing to properly respond to sexual assaults on campus.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Overview of the sexual assault problem on college campuses
- Better understand a college’s legal obligation to protect its students
- Recommendations for being more proactive in preventing such sexual assaults
- Laws that put the onus on colleges to properly respond to sexual assault complaints on campus
- Revisions in how colleges should investigate sexual assault based upon the actions of Education Secretary Betsy DeVoss in withdrawing the Obama administration’s rules on investigating campus rape
- Step-by-step guide for properly responding to sexual assault complaints on campus
- How to conduct the investigation
- Should you use an outside investigator to investigate campus sexual assault?
- How to ensure that important evidence does not get destroyed
- The correct standard of evidence to use during the investigation
- Overview of colleges that have gotten it wrong and the price they have had to play
- The interplay of the college and the police
- Educating students, professors and staff on preventing sexual assault on campus
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Rape on Campus: Legal Pitfalls Administrators Need to Avoid” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law and president of HR Learning Center LLC. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with over 20 years’ experience representing clients in employment discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a variety of workplace and human resources issues. She is also a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at service@EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
EducationAdminWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.