Date: 9/26/2019, 1 PM Eastern
Duration: Scheduled for 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law, and president, HR Learning Center, LLC
Price: $299.00 webinar or On-Demand, $399.00 webinar and On-Demand. Each option may be viewed by an unlimited number of attendees in one room. On-Demand includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
Credits: This program has been approved for 1.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Who Should Attend? K-12 administrators, district legal counsel, nurses, principals, counselors, coaches, board members, superintendents, teachers, staff
Best For: K-12
The world has changed drastically and now electronic cigarettes and vaping has become an epidemic among high school and middle school students. But school administrators are unprepared to know how to properly deal with this epidemic and what policies and procedures they can and should create to deal with this nationwide problem. Similar to vaping is also juuling, another extremely popular device that is difficult for school administrators to catch because of its innocuous scent. Juuling is also highly addictive. Health experts and school administrators need to understand the best methods and strategies to deal with widespread vaping schools. Please join Melissa Fleischer as she addresses the vaping/juuling epidemic and provide strategies for school administrators to cope lawfully and practically.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Gain a better understanding of what vaping and juuling are and how they differ from smoking cigarettes
- Become aware of the state and local laws regarding prohibiting vaping/juuling of e-cigarettes in public places such as schools
- Learn about whether you should have a specific policy on vaping/juling of e-cigarettes
- Understand what a policy prohibiting employees from vaping of e-cigarettes in your school should and should not include
- What technology and detectors can schools legally use in bathrooms to detect vaping of e-cigarettes?
- What type of discipline can schools impose on students who violate their policies by vaping at school?
- Gain insight into potential legal pitfalls from dealing with students vaping/juuling at your schools
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Vaping in School: Policies and Procedures for Managing the Epidemic” is Melissa Fleischer, attorney at law and president of HR Learning Center LLC. Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with over 20 years’ experience representing clients in employment discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. HR Learning Center LLC offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a variety of workplace and human resources issues. She is also a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment law topics including: workplace investigations, anti-harassment training, FMLA and ADA training, workplace violence prevention, etc. Ms. Fleischer earned her J.D. degree from the George Washington University School of Law.
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at service@EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
EducationAdminWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.