Title IX Coordinator Bootcamp for K-12 Schools: Comprehensive Training in Four Sessions
The Title IX Coordinator Bootcamp for K-12 Schools: Comprehensive Training in Four Sessions, in four 90-minute sessions, offers a comprehensive approach to understanding the roles and responsibilities of the Title IX Coordinator. Topics include:
- The Role and Responsibilities of the K-12 Title IX Coordinator: Protect Your Students and School by Understanding the Many Requirements
- Title IX and K-12 Athletics: Avoiding Liability
- Title IX Requirements Regarding Pregnant and Parenting Students: What Every K-12 School Needs to Know
- Title IX and Sexual Violence: Best Practices for Ensuring Safe K-12 Schools
There will also be a summary and review of topics discussed in all four sessions. Every school that receives federal funds is required by the Department of Education to have a Title IX Coordinator. However, anyone serving as Title IX Coordinator knows that the role of the Title IX Coordinator is extremely broad and very challenging. The individual is responsible for coordination of all of your school’s compliance efforts on gender discrimination, sexual assault, athletics equity, and related investigations. To meet these challenges, Title IX Coordinators must be well versed in the various laws that apply, and must receive solid and informative training to understand the laws and how they are applied to real world situations.
This four-part presentation will provide this training in an engaging and informative way, by using questions and answers, real-world stories, and case studies. The series focuses on important aspects of the Title IX Coordinator’s duties, including Title IX compliance, pregnancy issues, athletics, and sexual misconduct investigations. This course will place you in the best possible position to meet your school’s compliance obligations under Title IX and leave you with practical solutions to address these very difficult and demanding issues on campus.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
The Title IX Coordinator Bootcamp for K-12 Schools: Comprehensive Training in Four Sessions includes 4 sessions available live, on CD or via digital download. Topics covered include:
1. The Role and Responsibilities of the K-12 Title IX Coordinator: Protect Your Students and School by Understanding the Many Requirements
- Review the current elimination of certain Title IX guidance by the Department of Education and its impact on schools.
- Review best practices related to notices, training, investigations, and institutional monitoring, to ensure that such practices are efficient and lawful, in all areas affected by Title IX.
- Understand the types of employees who should serve as Title IX Coordinators and whether to assign more than one person to this important role.
- Learn why adopting and distributing clear grievance procedures related to discrimination on the basis of sex is so important.
2. Title IX and K-12 Athletics: Avoiding Liability
- Understand the application of the “Three-Prong” test as it applies to athletics participation and compliance.
- Learn about the various areas that are impacted by Title IX protections, including coaches, practices, and facilities and how to ensure compliance in these areas.
- Review requirements related to preparing a policy to help ensure compliance with Title IX’s requirements.
- Understand the various considerations that must take place before a school adds or eliminates a sport.
3. Title IX Requirements Regarding Pregnant and Parenting Students: What Every K-12 School Needs to Know
- Understand the types of assistance that a school must provide to a pregnant student, including providing leaves of absence and other accommodations.
- Learn the various different areas in which the law provides protection to pregnant students, including in areas of admissions and employment.
- Review requirements related to ensuring students fully participate in educational programs, including extracurricular activities, honors classes, or other programs.
- Understand the various laws that can also be impacted by such students, including the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
4. Title IX and Sexual Violence: Best Practices for Ensuring Safe K-12 Schools
- Understand the obligations to recognize and respond to incidents of sexual violence.
- Review elements of an investigation into allegations of sexual violence, including drafting complete and understandable investigation reports.
- Understand the various interim measures that a school may take during an investigation.
- Understand the First Amendment concerns that may arise during such Title IX matters and best practices on how to address such concerns.
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at service@EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com.