Website Accessibility Challenges: Tips for Legal Compliance Self-Assessment and Tools for Effectively (and Quickly!) Responding to OCR Investigations
Hundreds of schools across the country have already been put on notice by the federal Office of Civil Rights (OCR) about complaints that their websites are not ADA-compliant, and many more can expect to receive similar notices over the course of this school year. But what does ADA-compliant mean, and how should schools be responding to these types of OCR investigations? In this session, Atty. Erin D. Gilsbach will analyze the issue of website accessibility and will provide answers to these questions and many more.
Participants will obtain an understanding of basic web accessibility legal requirements, as Atty. Gilsbach discusses the sources of underlying law and their technical requirements. Next, she will discuss the process of OCR intervention, identifying how OCR investigations work, what schools can expect in the OCR investigation process, and what steps schools need to take to respond appropriately to OCR allegations. Finally, she will identify proactive steps that schools should be taking before, during, and after an OCR complaint to ensure that the school’s technology is compliant and its practices are legally defensible.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- How do OCR investigations begin?
- What is typically involved with OCR website investigations?
- What does website accessibility compliance require?
- How are OCR complaints resolved?
- What is Early Complaint Resolution, and how is it used?
- How can my school safeguard itself against website accessibility challenges?
- What are some of the key things OCR looks for when checking for website accessibility compliance?
- What are some quick ways to get my school’s website into compliance?
- What issues do I need to consider with regard to my school’s community and reputation in light of an OCR web accessibility investigation?
- AND MUCH MORE!
EducationAdminWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
EducationAdminWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].